While the golden years are supposed to be filled with the joys of retirement, grandchildren and travel, they are seldom enjoyed without various other complexities that individuals encounter as they age including deteriorating health, financial concerns and family disputes. To meet these challenges, a unique area of law – elder law has taken on greater value to millions of aging Americans and their caregivers. This area encompasses many different legal disciplines, including estate planning, business succession planning, asset protection, Medicaid planning and veterans benefits.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable on the wide array of issues that impact the elderly and can assist you or your loved ones with the following matters:
- Healthcare planning including powers of attorneys and living wills
- Estate planning
- Long-term care planning
- Selecting the right long-term care facility
- Qualifying for public benefits such as Social Security, Medicaid and Veterans Benefits
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Prevention of financial exploitation and elder abuse
While we communicate with caregivers, including spouses, children, doctors, social works and home aides, our central focus remains our elderly clients. We work diligently to make sure the seniors we represent are protected and continue to enjoy a high quality of life as they age.